Last updated: November 10, 2022
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, references to “Credora”, the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to X-Margin Inc. d/b/a Credora.
2. What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For example, cookies are used to remember users’ preferences and to help navigate between pages efficiently.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance, and analytics purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the Website to recognise your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
4. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
5. Cookies set by Third Party websites
Credora does sometimes embed Rich-Text-content from other websites. As a result, when you visit a page with Rich-Text-content embedded from another website, you may be presented with cookies from those websites. Credora does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
6. How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Website.
7. Further information
More information about cookies and managing your browser settings can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
The International Chamber of Commerce’s Guide to Cookies is available at: https://www.cookielaw.org/media/1096/icc_uk_cookiesguide_revnov.pdf
8. Contact us